čtvrtek 23. února 2012

Task 4....history and future

For me it seams that there are not so many things going on in this story, but at the same time it seams that there are still new and new things going on. 
I believe that the most important parts that had happend so far are these: Boy Willie had reappeard in the house of his relatives with an intention to make money by selling the old family piano. We found out about the story of piano and Sutter, the man whose ghost is scaring people living in this house and owning the piano. Also there are some fights going on between Boy Willie and Berenice about the selling of the piano, because she does not want to do it but he wants. Because it is all about this, fighting about the piano there is only one more action so far and it is homecoming of Wining Boy, who is an uncle of Berenice and Boy Willie, he was far away for a long time but know he is back and he is involved in the story, because he was in the situation when they got piano and Berenice's and Boy Willie's father died. 
What I think that will happen next is that there still will be arguments about the piano, but in my opinion, Doaker and Wining Boy will be more involved that until now. I also believe that there will be a huge fight between Berenice and Boy Willie because the tension is escalating. Even though, there was not a lot about Sutter's ghost yet, I guess that it will interact the story a bit more in the future, because it is there for something, so something about it will be going on for sure.
The only thing that helps to move the play forward is the new characters that occured in the story, Wining Boy. I do not know if I am a bit weird or if I have chosen a bad play for me, but in looks like it is going nowhere, we know new facts from the past, however there is nothing going on about the future. Boy Willie is still telling that he wants to sell the piano and Berenice is opposing him, but there is no final agreement or something.

3 komentáře:

  1. This is often the nature of plays -- the dialogue IS the action. Could the plot somehow be more about the revelations and changes of the characters rather than anything actually happening -- their dynamics with each other and the tension that exists simply because they exist?

    OdpovědětVymazat
  2. I must admit that I do not really like the story a lot because it gets boring, it gets boring a lot. I think that if there were more things going on or maybe other characters sometimes more interupt the play it would be better for reader. Maybe the drama is good as a play you know in theatre, but reading it is not a wining, I personally like reading the books a lot but this was terrible, I must have pushed myself into reading it. So definitely some changes in the plot will help the story to be more engaging. But that is only my opinion, maybe others would like it.

    OdpovědětVymazat
    Odpovědi
    1. I would be curious what kind of changes you would make -- what kind of action would you add?

      Vymazat